Real Estate Resource Information for Seniors
If you are a senior or the child of a senior and are doing research regarding your next real estate transaction, whether it be buying, selling, or relocating, the information provided on this page would be an invaluable resource for you and your family. We have assembled this information with the intent that it will answer most of your questions when it comes to making that next move. If there are any questions that are not answered, or if we can be of assistance to you, feel free to contact us today.
Senior Housing Needs
According to the U.S Census Bureau, 2,787,840 people are turning 60 or older annually. We recognize that the housing needs of seniors are quite unique. Some of the options outlined below are ways that our real estate market is changing to accommodate those needs:
1. Are you looking to downsize?
What do you do with a home that is too big or not functional for your needs? Essentially there are only two options: You can either keep the home or get rid of it. If you plan to keep the home, your options are to rent it, renovate it, or refinance it.
Pros and Cons of Renting:
|Monthly income||Possible vacancy|
|Additional appreciation||Tax ramifications|
Pros and Cons of Renovating:
|Stay at home longer||Costs and headaches of renovation|
|No need to transition||May need to hire in-home care|
|No added value for resale|
Pros and Cons of Refinancing:
|Reverse mortgage options eliminates payment||Equity is used over time|
|Traditional refinance lowers payments||Extends the life of the loans|
If you don’t want to keep your home, there are many options. You can sell the home or you can gift the home to a family member or charity.
Pros and Cons of Selling:
|You can cash in on your equity||Tough emotional transition|
|Reinvest your equity elsewhere||Can make poor investment choices|
|Frees you up to move elsewhere||Moving and the transition can be tough|
|Family members feel entitled to inheritance|
Pros and Cons of Donating Your Home
2. Are you looking for resources?
Here are some very helpful websites and resources that we recommend to our clients:
- Placement services
- In-home health care help
- A Family Home Care (www.afamilyinhomecare.com)
- Attentive Home Care (www.attentivehomecare.com)
- First Light Home Care (www.firstlighthomecare.com)
- EastWest Home Health (www.ewhomecare.com)
- Continuity Care Home Nurses (www.cchomenurses.com)
- inHome Care Solutions (www.inhomecaresolutions.com)
- All the Best Home Care (www.allthebesthomecare.com)
- Bonum Home Health Services (www.bonumhomehealth.com)
- Sonnet Home Health, Inc. (www.SonnetHomeHealth.com)
- Home Health Security Services (909-236-1219)
- Better Living Homecare Services (www.betterlivinghc.com)
- St. Michael Hospice (www.stmichaelhospice.com)
- Homewatch Caregivers (www.HomewatchCareGivers.com)
- Right at Home (www.rahcentraloc.com)
- Age Advantage (www.ageadvantage.com)
- Caring Companions at Home (www.caringcompanionsathome.com)
- Synergy HomeCare (www.synergyhomecare.com)
- Amada Senior Care (www.amadaseniorcare.com)
- Essential Care (www.myessentialcare.com)
- A Caring Heart (www.acaringheartforseniors.com)
- Real estate services
- Aaron Zapata (www.aaronzapata.com)
- Estate Sales
- Financial services
- Dedicated Credit Repair (www.dedicatedcreditrepair.com)
- Genworth Financial Home Equity Access, Inc (www.genworth.com/reverse)
- TransAmerica (www.tfaconnect.com)
- Humana (www.humana.com)
- American Veteran’s Aid (www.americanverteransaid.com)
- War Era Vet (www.wareravet.com)
- Primerica Financial Services (www.primerica.com)
- Medical equipment
- Medical services
- Construction and renovation services
- Ageless Environments (www.agelessenvironments.com)
- Plumbing/heating/air conditioning/sales/service/installation
- David Hibbard (714-335-6694, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- United Drain & Plumbing (562-884-7685, Dan@UnitedDrain.com)
- ADT Home Health Security Services (Don Bloch, 909-236-1219)
- T.S Carpet (www.tscarpet.com)
- Turn Key Remodel (www.turnkeyremodel.com)
- Dovetail Cabinets (Ken Cowell, 714-777-3055, www.kencowell.com)
- Senior centers
- Locations throughout SoCal – Adult Day Services Coalition (www.ocadultdayservices.org)
- Most cities have senior centers
- Government services
- Southern California senior housing
- Anaheim – Karlton Residential Care Center (www.karltoncare.com)
- Anaheim Hills – Nohl Ranch Inn (www.brookdaleliving.com)
- Beverly Hills – My Senior Care (www.myseniorcare.com)
- Fullerton, Santa Ana, Garden Grove – The Gardens (www.meridiansenior.com)
- Huntington Beach – Huntington Terrace (www.MBKSeniorLiving.com)
- Meadowlark Gardens (www.meadowlarkgardens.com)
- Park Plaza (www.kiscoseniorliving.com)
- Placentia – De Palma Terrace Senior Living (www.depalmaterrace.com)
- Sunrise Senior Living (www.sunriseseniorliving.com)
- Whitten Heights – Assisted Living and Memory Care (www.whittenheights.com)
- Anaheim, Fullerton, Placentia – Marion Grace Cottage (www.mariongracecottage.com)
- Relocation services
- Estate planning
- Discount Wills & Living Trusts (Victoria G. McDonald, LDA, 951-852-6189)
- Rose Hills Memorial Park & Mortuary (www.rosehills.com)
- Infinity Cremation Society (www.infinitycremationsociety.com)
- Rehabilitation Hospitals
What should you look for in a Seniors Real Estate Specialist?
Experience is critical when you choose a REALTOR® and Aaron Zapata has the experience of a highly successful real estate career. He holds the highly esteemed Prudential Relocation Designation which qualifies him to work with executives, managers, and employees of local and national companies. He has assisted employees with companies such as Northrop Grumman, Mars Candy, CNA Insurance,The Capital Group, Office Depot, BP, Long Beach Container Terminal, Pactiv, Beckman Coulter, Caterpillar, Home Depot, and others. As a licensed California Real Estate Broker (License Number 01356534), Vice President, Sales Manager, Sales Coach, and Trainer, he has trained over 200 agents and is known as the “go-to-guy” for answers among his peers.
As a certified Senior Real Estate Specialist, Aaron has worked with dozens of seniors as they have transitioned, whether it be downsizing or relocating. He has worked with many families to assist them with making the difficult decisions about what to do with their parents’ home once the parents could no longer stay in the home. His vast network of resources has enabled him to give the best advice to seniors and families and he thoroughly enjoys helping them at any given chance.
Through numerous testimonials, you can be sure that Aaron Zapata is a real estate agent that you can trust. His commitment to his clients and his five core values (below) has made him the perfect choice to many home owners and buyers and Aaron would love the opportunity to meet with you or talk with you over the phone.
We listen to your needs to make sure that we understand your goals, plans, and dreams and then do what is in your best interest.
We will fulfill our commitments to our clients and the real estate community. We do not give up and we believe in finishing what we start.
We will do the right thing the first time and every time.
We stand by our decisions and our clients to make sure they get what they need and deserve.
We will continue to learn and improve our skills in an ever-changing real estate market to remain competent and maintain the highest level of service.