“Need a status update on your short sale? Want help with an issue that’s delaying the process? Having trouble getting responses?
Your short sale specialist (at BofA) should always be your first point of contact for resolving your short sale questions and concerns. Conduct all your communications via Equator messaging, not through your personal email. (This will soon to be a requirement.) Equator messaging will:
- Secure and protect information sent in the message
- Document all communication efforts in one location
- Improve response times because short sale specialists respond to Equator messages first
To make the most effective use of Bank of America’s response system, please contact the following resources in this order when seeking solutions to your short sale concerns:
- Your short sale specialist: Send a message via Equator by selecting the negotiator (or closing officer) in the “To” field and providing details of your issue. You should receive a response within two business days. If there’s been no answer after that time, you can contact…
- The short sale team lead: Send a message via Equator to explain your issue. You can select the team lead from the drop-down menu in the “To” field when composing an Equator message. Allow two business days for a response. If you still do not have an answer, you can call…
- Short Sale Customer Care: Call 1.866.880.1232 to explain your issue. Short Sale Customer Care is available Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Saturday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Eastern.
If you have an urgent need, such as a foreclosure postponement, please call Short Sale Customer Care at any point in the process.”
I hope this helps. If you have your loan with Bank of America and need an expert short sale agent, please give me a call at (714) 904-7877. Thanks and I look forward to helping you!